Friday 23 September 2011

Inspiration: SARAH DURSTON


What i loved about this work, which i noticed in a cafe that i visited over the summer, is the character and comedy which is captured. I love the expressions in the faces of the animals and the honest and realistic way they are painted. I also think that the paintings are given a lot of style and interest by being done on wood. I like that she has not attempted to hide the grains in the wood, or even the gaps between the boards, but instead exaggerate these features and use them to her advantage. Her work is clearly influenced and inspired by nature, which is something my work has in common. 











6 comments:

  1. Hi Where can I find originals of Sarah Durston's painting (ideally the cutlery ones -knife, fork & spoon)
    Regards
    Roger
    raddison66@talktalk.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 4 original works signed on board by her with bottles and glasses on them if you are still intrested ..cheers

      Delete
    2. I have 4 original works signed on board by her with bottles and glasses on them if you are still intrested ..cheers

      Delete
    3. Are they still available please?

      Delete
  2. There are two at dutchy of Cornwall nursery along with many others. Unfortunately they will not sell. "part of the fixtures and fittings"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 4 original works on board by her with bottles and glasses on them if you would be intrested still thank l gale

    ReplyDelete